The Parents Council Grant Program awards yearly grants to UNC offices and student organizations to support new and innovative programs/events that benefit undergraduate students. Parents Council families are asked to make a minimum annual gift of $1,250 to support the grant initiative. Since its inception in 1985, the Parents Council Grant Program has provided more than 1.7 million dollars in grant funding to enhance the quality of undergraduate student life and learning at Carolina .
2017-2016 Parents Council Grant Applications
- November 3, 2016: Grant applications available (see "Related Files" section on this page)
- December 2, 2016: Applications due no later than 5:00 p.m. Please submit completed grant applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 20, 2017: The Parents Council Executive Committee meets to review applications. Applicants should be prepared to present a brief overview of their request.
- February 25, 2017: Grant Proposals reviewed with Parents Council membership
- March 8, 2017: Notification will occur no later than this date
- July 10, 2017: If grant money has been awarded, the funds will be made available by July 10, 2017.
- May 11, 2018: Grant money must be spent as stipulated in the funding letter by May 11, 2018, unless special permission is received by deadline to extend the grant.