The Carolina Parents Council is the leadership arm of the Carolina Parents Association, representing the needs of undergraduate students and families. The Council focuses on encouraging interaction between family members and the University by supporting programs offered by the Office of New Student & Carolina Parent Programs and Student Affairs. The Council also provides grant funding for programs that directly benefit undergraduate students through its signature Carolina Parents Council Grant program.
Carolina Parents Council Goals:
- To encourage mutual understanding and to facilitate communication between families and the University community
- To support programs and initiatives that meet the continuing needs of Carolina Families
- To serve as active ambassadors and advocates and to promote the value of the University of North Carolina to external constituents, i.e., prospective students and their families, local communities, local and state leaders
- To promote and support the development needs of the University, its students, and the Carolina Parents Fund
- Opportunity to shape the family experience at UNC
- Become more knowledgeable about University resources and programs that support student success
- Engage regularly with University administrators
- Meet and network with other UNC families
- Parents Council seating for UNC Commencement
- Attend bi-annual Council meetings (fall held Family Weekend; spring held late February)
- Support Carolina Parents Council Grant programs with a minimum annual gift of $1,250
- Provide strategic input to administrators regarding issues of importance to students and families
- Represent the Carolina Parents Council at University events
- Help recruit future Carolina Parents Council members
Interest in learning more about the Carolina Parents Council?
Are you ready to join the Carolina Parents Council?