Project Coordinators (PCs) play a vital role in our office’s mission to welcome all new students and their families into the Carolina community, including assisting with event planning and the implementation of many such programs as New Student Orientation, Week of Welcome, and Carolina Family Weekend. Whether it is as a friendly voice and a pleasant, helpful presence or as a trusted resource with a wealth of knowledge about all of Carolina’s many programs, Project Coordinators play a key role in our communication with students and families.
Project Coordinators are responsible for assisting with the following office tasks:
- First line of communication with new students (first-year & transfer), and all family members via telephone, personal & newsgroup email, instant messaging, social media, and office publications
- Event planning and implementation for NSCPP programs, including New Student Orientation, Carolina Family Weekend, and Week of Welcome
- Reservation and survey data collection and management
- Other administrative and logistical development for the mission of NSCPP to support events for Summer Send-Offs, Carolina Summer Reading Program, Carolina Parents Association, Parents Council, and all other programs sponsored by NSCPP
- Contribute to and take lead on specialized office projects
- Perform additional duties as needed