All new parents and family members are invited and strongly encouraged to attend Parent/Family Orientation which runs concurrently with New Student Orientation.
Attending Parent/Family Orientation provides an opportunity for family members to:
- identify components of the Carolina Curriculum.
- compare and contrast parent/family responsibilities and expectations between high school and college.
- learn about the Carolina Honor Code and University policies and procedures.
- acknowledge the University's commitment to a diverse community.
- identify ways to purposefully converse with their student regarding healthy decision making and strategies for reducing risk.
- learn about opportunities related to student engagement, resources, and services (i.e. undergraduate research, student organizations, leadership development, service, study abroad, and the arts).
- identify opportunities related to parent/family engagement, resources, and services.
- identify appropriate ways in which to communicate with the university community.
- learn to network with current and new Carolina parents and family members.
- define ways to support their student towards graduation.
To help you navigate through your students inital first steps at Carolina we have listed some primary links to the left. Please contact us at 919-962-8304 or by e-mail at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
First-Year Parent & Family Orientation
Transfer Family Orientation